As part of our wider curriculum we:
– Use the local environment as a resource to visit the parks, shops and city centre.
– Carefully structure outings to museums, galleries, stately homes, places of worships and other venues of historical, cultural or educational interest.
– Encourage children to take part in sports events and competitions.
– Stage special school productions, concerts, assemblies and other events to celebrate the skills and talents of our children.
– Arrange special workshops on-site including Birds of Prey, Chinese culture and Dee Water conservation.
– Residential outward bound visits where the children have the opportunity to build rafts, abseil, learn fencing and archery.
– Fundraising and raising awareness of those less fortunate is closely linked to our PSHE curriculum and is supported through our pastoral assemblies. We believe that this is an intrinsic part of each child’s educational development and enables them to play a more developed role within the wider community.